Old March 2nd 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive R Robertson Clive R Robertson is offline

Default DLR "cab rides"

On 2 Mar 2006 06:53:06 -0800, "Paul Weaver"
wrote:

And surely if the poster about the letter in the Guardian is to be believed,
then videoing from the front of a DLR is illegal? There back on topic.

Pretty much everything in the country is illegal, it allows them to
arrest whoever they want even if the activity they don't like is legal.

Fortunatly hosting videos that were made illegally is not, in itself,
illegal (as far as we know, but then in the time of secret laws, or
laws so complex that you need to pay a lawyer a 4 figure sum to find
out if an activity is illegal, who knows)

Well, I am glad to say that I am not yet in jail!

Visiting http:\\www.dlr.co.uk/ redirects to http:\\www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/
Searching there for "photograph" gives four results: two for
"Commercial Opportunities", one for journalistic use of DLR-provided
photographs, and one for Condition 13 of the Conditions of Carriage,
which refers to "Access and carriage of passengers in wheelchairs,
buggies and pushchairs" -- yes, that puzzles me as well!

Failing DLR-specific limitations, I used the same non-commercial
restrictions as are displayed at Tube stations -- no flash and no
tripods. If TfL want to contact me, there should be no problem!

Generally speaking, AIUI everything is legal unless specifically made
illegal (by an Act or Common Law) -- but IANAL.

Now, if FebGary2006 will expand on his "Why?" ...
--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.