Old March 13th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Gatwick Express?

!Speedy Gonzales! wrote:
"Yorkie" wrote in message
Where are you travelling from?

Thanks for the quick reply!
I'm travelling from Gatwick to Victoria then back again a few days
later so I'll go for a priv ticket. I had a quick look at the
'travel facilities guides' on the ATOC site (incidentally, many
thanks) and it doesn't mention anything about the Gatwick Express
although the Heathrow Express does get a mention. I take it they
are run by the same TOC?

No, though the companies that run them (and Stansted Express too) do
some common marketing under the Airport Express name which might give
you that impression. Gatwick Express and Stansted Express (the latter
being part of 'One') are both owned by National Express. Heathrow
Express is owned by BAA. HEx gets a mention in the travel facilities
guide under "Travel Facilities on other UK undertakings" as it is not a
National Rail TOC.

--
Richard J.