Old March 15th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Resignalling the Richmond branch?

TheOneKEA wrote:
After a final look today at the new concrete and steel bases
springing up everywhere on the District/NLL road to Richmond, I'm
convinced now that NR intends to resignal the whole lot during the
Easter Possession.

The Gunnersbury blockade is 1-9 April, not at Easter (Good Friday is 14
April).

Judging from the positioning and number of bases I'm guessing that
4-aspect MAS (with the occassional repeater) is going in, at least
on the up line. Having asked around, some District Line T/Ops say
that the line is indeed being resignalled and that the signal cabin
at Richmond may be abolished. Is any more information available?

Yes, I see what you mean, but I can't add any info. As far as I could
see today, there are more bases on the Down (LUL westbound, i.e.
Richmond-bound) line. Did you mean down line rather than up line?

--
Richard J.