Old March 13th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Resignalling the Richmond branch?

After a final look today at the new concrete and steel bases springing
up everywhere on the District/NLL road to Richmond, I'm convinced now
that NR intends to resignal the whole lot during the Easter Possession.

Judging from the positioning and number of bases I'm guessing that
4-aspect MAS (with the occassional repeater) is going in, at least on
the up line. Having asked around, some District Line T/Ops say that the
line is indeed being resignalled and that the signal cabin at Richmond
may be abolished. Is any more information available?

Old March 15th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
After a final look today at the new concrete and steel bases
springing up everywhere on the District/NLL road to Richmond, I'm
convinced now that NR intends to resignal the whole lot during the
Easter Possession.

The Gunnersbury blockade is 1-9 April, not at Easter (Good Friday is 14
April).

Judging from the positioning and number of bases I'm guessing that
4-aspect MAS (with the occassional repeater) is going in, at least
on the up line. Having asked around, some District Line T/Ops say
that the line is indeed being resignalled and that the signal cabin
at Richmond may be abolished. Is any more information available?

Yes, I see what you mean, but I can't add any info. As far as I could
see today, there are more bases on the Down (LUL westbound, i.e.
Richmond-bound) line. Did you mean down line rather than up line?

--
Richard J.

Old March 16th 06, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
The Gunnersbury blockade is 1-9 April, not at Easter (Good Friday is 14
April).

Whoops...

Yes, I see what you mean, but I can't add any info. As far as I could
see today, there are more bases on the Down (LUL westbound, i.e.
Richmond-bound) line. Did you mean down line rather than up line?

Yes, I meant the down line. There is only one new base on the up line
so far, near the bracket for the home signal (GB17?).

Old April 11th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
The Gunnersbury blockade is 1-9 April, not at Easter (Good Friday
is 14 April).

Whoops...

Yes, I see what you mean, but I can't add any info. As far as I
could see today, there are more bases on the Down (LUL westbound,
i.e. Richmond-bound) line. Did you mean down line rather than up
line?

Yes, I meant the down line. There is only one new base on the up
line so far, near the bracket for the home signal (GB17?).

Well, the Gunnersbury blockade has come and gone, but there is no
improvement to the Richmond branch signalling. (Negative progress in
fact - Richmond inaccessible to LU and Silverlink for an hour or two
this morning.)

We now have 8 concrete bases on the down line between Kew Gardens and
Richmond. This seems an excessive number of signals, even if some are
for banner repeaters. Does anyone have any further information about
this project?
--
Richard J.

Old April 12th 06, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Well, the Gunnersbury blockade has come and gone, but there is no
improvement to the Richmond branch signalling. (Negative progress in
fact - Richmond inaccessible to LU and Silverlink for an hour or two
this morning.)

And it appears to have failed once more; the realtime board states that
the Richmond service is suspended (message received 1019).

We now have 8 concrete bases on the down line between Kew Gardens and
Richmond. This seems an excessive number of signals, even if some are
for banner repeaters. Does anyone have any further information about
this project?

Agreed. There are far too many bases for a standard 4-aspect MAS
installation; something strange is definitely happening.

Old April 12th 06, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Well, the Gunnersbury blockade has come and gone, but there is no
improvement to the Richmond branch signalling. (Negative progress
in fact - Richmond inaccessible to LU and Silverlink for an hour
or two this morning.)

And it appears to have failed once more; the realtime board states
that the Richmond service is suspended (message received 1019).

National Rail, Silverlink and LU sites are currently saying it's a
signal or points problem in the Gunnersbury area. Yesterday the problem
was at Richmond, with some Silverlink trains reversing at Gunnersbury.

--
Richard J.

Old April 12th 06, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

TheOneKEA wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Well, the Gunnersbury blockade has come and gone, but there is no
improvement to the Richmond branch signalling.

We now have 8 concrete bases on the down line between Kew Gardens and
Richmond. This seems an excessive number of signals, even if some are
for banner repeaters. Does anyone have any further information about
this project?

Agreed. There are far too many bases for a standard 4-aspect MAS
installation; something strange is definitely happening.

They wouldn't be foundations for overhead electrification would they?
To allow different Silverlink rolling stock to Richmond?

Sid

Old April 12th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
They wouldn't be foundations for overhead electrification would they?
To allow different Silverlink rolling stock to Richmond?

No, they're definitely signal bases. I've seen similar ones on the
Chiltern main line, before the signals were bolted to them.

Old April 12th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
TheOneKEA writes

Agreed. There are far too many bases for a standard 4-aspect MAS
installation; something strange is definitely happening.

Could it be that they are using the opportunity to prepare for the
possible extension of North London Line services to Kingston? That would
eventually entail new points at Richmond, with appropriate additional
signalling.

--
Paul Terry
Old April 12th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message . com,
TheOneKEA writes

Agreed. There are far too many bases for a standard 4-aspect MAS
installation; something strange is definitely happening.

Could it be that they are using the opportunity to prepare for the
possible extension of North London Line services to Kingston? That would
eventually entail new points at Richmond, with appropriate additional
signalling.

It's possible, but there are still way too many signal bases for
something like that - although they are in the right general location
for additional signalling.