Old March 18th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default HMRI publishes final report into Chancery Lane Derailment

wrote:
learn (and there were, I think, incentives to do so) as much about the
operation as a whole and not just their own narrow "team"
responsibility. It was seen as one large (amittedly paternalistic, but

This is a problem in all companies today. It seems to be the lastest
trendy accounting/management technique to turn areas of companies
into small fiefdoms where managers have control over budgets
allocated by the main finance dept and each manager worries more
about his budget and his own teams performance than he does
about the company as a whole. So instead of having a well oiled
whole , you have a bunch of disparate sections fighting like cats
in a sack over money, resources and responsibilities. No doubt
one day one of the many idiot directors or CEOs who think
this is a good idea might get a clue but I'm not holding my breath.

B2003