Old March 19th 06, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nicholas Nicholas is offline

Default Annual Gold Card

On 15 Mar 2006 11:46:35 -0800, wrote:

I purchased a gold card from SW Trains at Wimbledon, from a very grumpy
clerk.

Did you get it issued on Oyster?

I wasn't asked to fill in any forms, and he just scribbled my address
on the back of the cheque.

Normally you need to fill in an application form leaflet. I'm not sure
if your address details are entered onto the computer by the clerk, or
are sent off to head office, but when I bought mine he definatly spent
a while entering some details on the computer.

Six weeks on, I still haven't received any information from SW Trains.
I am looking forward to my six free tickets, but do I have to do apply
for them or how does it work?

I renewed my Gold Card on 31 December 2005 and received my free
tickets last week. If you call the helpline they can send them
earlier.

I was also suprised to received a 'BiTE Commuter Card' which gives me
20% off food and drink valid at a number of outlets at railway
stations (e.g. Burger King, Upper Crust, Millie's Cookies, Delice de
France, Cafe Ritazza). This must be new as I didn't get this last
year.

Nicholas
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***