Old March 15th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Annual Gold Card

I purchased a gold card from SW Trains at Wimbledon, from a very grumpy
clerk.

I wasn't asked to fill in any forms, and he just scribbled my address
on the back of the cheque.

Six weeks on, I still haven't received any information from SW Trains.
I am looking forward to my six free tickets, but do I have to do apply
for them or how does it work?

B.

Old April 3rd 06, 05:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I received my six free tickets last week!

They sent an email saying that the tickets are "not normally valid with
Oystercards" but commonsense seems to have prevailed.

The little wallet they came in is nice, but with an out of date map
which shows SWtrains serving West Croydon.

Does anyone know if the free tickets can be used on their (admittedly
skeleton) Bristol service?

Billy

Nicholas wrote:
On 15 Mar 2006 11:46:35 -0800, wrote:

I purchased a gold card from SW Trains at Wimbledon, from a very grumpy
clerk.

Did you get it issued on Oyster?

I wasn't asked to fill in any forms, and he just scribbled my address
on the back of the cheque.

Normally you need to fill in an application form leaflet. I'm not sure
if your address details are entered onto the computer by the clerk, or
are sent off to head office, but when I bought mine he definatly spent
a while entering some details on the computer.

Six weeks on, I still haven't received any information from SW Trains.
I am looking forward to my six free tickets, but do I have to do apply
for them or how does it work?

I renewed my Gold Card on 31 December 2005 and received my free
tickets last week. If you call the helpline they can send them
earlier.

I was also suprised to received a 'BiTE Commuter Card' which gives me
20% off food and drink valid at a number of outlets at railway
stations (e.g. Burger King, Upper Crust, Millie's Cookies, Delice de
France, Cafe Ritazza). This must be new as I didn't get this last
year.

Nicholas
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***

Old December 21st 06, 09:27 PM
Junior Member

Location: Bourneouth
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I purchased a gold card from SW Trains at Wimbledon, from a very grumpy
clerk.

I wasn't asked to fill in any forms, and he just scribbled my address
on the back of the cheque.

Six weeks on, I still haven't received any information from SW Trains.
I am looking forward to my six free tickets, but do I have to do apply
for them or how does it work?

B.
You will automatically receive your free tickets. If you want to get really good service at the ticket office move to Bournemouth. I am greeted by name at my local station and the station staff cannot do enough for their customers.

Old December 23rd 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:27:32 +0000, dolphin
wrote:

Wrote:
I purchased a gold card from SW Trains at Wimbledon, from a very grumpy
clerk.

I wasn't asked to fill in any forms, and he just scribbled my address
on the back of the cheque.

Six weeks on, I still haven't received any information from SW Trains.
I am looking forward to my six free tickets, but do I have to do apply
for them or how does it work?

You will automatically receive your free tickets.

I am not sure if they send them out automatically any mo I don't
think I have had any for a while, but as I currently have a stockpile
I haven't got round to doing anything about it.

Additionally, if you bought your ticket at Wimbledon (which has a tube
service) and got a zonal ticket, it's possible you won't have been
automatically registered as a SWT Gold Card customer. You certainly
should have filled in a form; SWT ask you to fill in a form for
everything. It might be worth getting in touch with the SWT Gold Card
service - details should be at www.southwesttrains.co.uk.
Old December 24th 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Wrote:
[...]

I get mine automatically around April, they are stuck to the front of
the emotion magazine. I renew new my Gold Card in February.

Dave