Old March 25th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling London UK Edward Cowling London UK is offline

Default Kings Cross Shut - Thursday

Oh what a morning Thursday was.

WAGN had the usual electrical problems at Moorgate so we got diverted to
Kings Cross.

Then after getting on the Circle Line platform the infamous "Emergency
clear the station" announcement went off. Why? Several staff said in
all honesty it was because the station was too busy ?!!

Now I know there are risks associated with full platforms, but they
can't be as bad as shoving hundreds of bewildered tourists & commuters
out onto the Marylebone road :-) Whoever cooked this idea up should
see the misery of lost tourists with suitcases and mothers with young
children.

Can I make a plea that London Transport trust the public to behave
sensibly on full platforms and please shut stations as a last resort ?!

--
Edward Cowling London UK