Old March 29th 06, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Wilson Colin Wilson is offline

Default Euro Star

Thanks for that.

You have to wonder why they simply don't have a 59 pound fare and have done
with it.

The last time I travelled on Euro Star the train from Paris to London
managed to get lost "somewhere in Southern England". We came back into
London via Brixton and then went to Kensington (Olympia)!

Some people decided that they wanted to get off there as it would have been
convenient for them but the train doors remained locked shut. The Tannoy
said that this was because there was no customs facilities at Olympia.

Why this would have mattered heaven only knows as we had gone thru all the
formalities for both French and English customs in Paris.

We eventually made it to Waterloo about an hour and a half late.

"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In ,
Colin Wilson typed:

Giving out the facts does not seem to be part of Euro Star's ethos. I
have certainly never seen all of the options laid out.

The full range of fares to Paris is listed he
http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/travel_information/before_you_go/fares/london_ashford_to_paris.jsp

--
Bob