Old April 11th 06, 11:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Plumb Dave Plumb is offline

Default RIP Wagn

but if you've got a ticket from Hatfield then it makes no difference
if you take the bus, or go to St Albans and take the train. Or, it

shouldn't.
I agree, it's disgusting they think so little of their passengers
they're not prepared to take the loss on the alternative route (which is
£3 CDR/GOLD St.Albans to Elstree). But they have shareholders and
whatever rules they play say buses are good enough. They have a captive
market and are happy to play upon that captivity to make a few quid more

Same with annual tickets not being bearer tikcets. I drove to work early
one sat with the girlfriend joining me later by train, both coming back
by car. She had to buy a full price t/card, even though there was no
possibility of me using my annual. I know there could be cases where a
couple on shifts could use one ticket but they must be very rare, and it
would be a good feature if seasons became bearer, but not for the TOC,
who would lose revenue (albeit minimal).

valid on the Thameslink branch (During the shutdown only

I seem to recall during the weekday blockade works on Thameslink that
WAGN were accepting tickets. But I guess this was now different
companies and during the week so it'd be hard to use it as a precedent.

So, passing tickets wouldn't make much difference

I'd like to see it, but I can't see it happening So much for the
"from this day forward" (I read what it said on the posters correctly
this time!)