Old May 5th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Larry Lard Larry Lard is offline

Default Out boundary travelcard 'the wrong way' ?

If I were in (say) Reading, and I wanted to (in this order):

- travel from Reading to London (once)
- pootle around London (lots)
- travel from London to Reading (once)

all in one day, I could buy from Reading a Reading to Z1-6 One Day
TravelCard (called an 'out boundary travelcard', I think), which would
let me do all that.

*But* I am in London, and I want to (in this order):

- pootle around London (lots)
- travel from London to Reading (once)
- travel from Reading to London (once)

all in one day. Readers will of course notice that this is the same set
of journeys, but in a different order. I have three questions:

1) Is a Reading to Z1-6 ODTC valid for this travel?

assuming it is, then:
2) Am I _allowed_ to buy a Reading to Z1-6 ODTC from
random_station_in_London?

assuming I am, then:
3) Will I be _able_ to buy a Reading to Z1-6 ODTC from
random_station_in_London?

Many thanks for any answers!

--
Larry Lard