Old September 22nd 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default Bakerloo to Watford Junction

rublex wrote:
After reading through some retro messages and thinking
(happens once in a while) I think I have come up with a
reasonable(ish) plan for the shocking service in place
between harrow and wealdstone and watford jn.
Get rid of the 313s- they will have uses elsewhere.
lower platform hights between watford jn and harrow and
wealdstone and between queens park-euston (elsewhere the
hights are still kosher for the tube stock)
Get some trains with floors the same hight as tube stock to
run euston - watford metro services.
Get some tube stock that uses the same power methods as the
metro does (i.e. only using 3rd rail between queens
park-harrow and wealdstone) this will mean that the 4th
rail doesn't have to be fixed between harrow and watford.

Now the only problem i've noticed* is if the croxley link
goes ahead the platform at watford high street won't be
legal. If the platforms could be extended they could be
really long (essentially different platforms on the same
stretch of line) and there could be a 1a and 1b, a being a
different hight to b. Another option is bakerloo line
trains using one platform and remaining on the same line
into watford and met line trains using another but this
would probably mean that the frequency would have to be
lower than what we would want.

Thanks in advance for not shouting at me for bringing up an
old pointless arguement

*I'm not very good at noticing problems

Has the 4th rail been lifted between Harrow and Watford?