Old September 22nd 03, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bakerloo to Watford Junction

After reading through some retro messages and thinking (happens once
in a while) I think I have come up with a reasonable(ish) plan for the
shocking service in place between harrow and wealdstone and watford
jn.
Get rid of the 313s- they will have uses elsewhere.
lower platform hights between watford jn and harrow and wealdstone and
between queens park-euston (elsewhere the hights are still kosher for
the tube stock)
Get some trains with floors the same hight as tube stock to run euston
- watford metro services.
Get some tube stock that uses the same power methods as the metro does
(i.e. only using 3rd rail between queens park-harrow and wealdstone)
this will mean that the 4th rail doesn't have to be fixed between
harrow and watford.

Now the only problem i've noticed* is if the croxley link goes ahead
the platform at watford high street won't be legal. If the platforms
could be extended they could be really long (essentially different
platforms on the same stretch of line) and there could be a 1a and 1b,
a being a different hight to b. Another option is bakerloo line trains
using one platform and remaining on the same line into watford and met
line trains using another but this would probably mean that the
frequency would have to be lower than what we would want.

Thanks in advance for not shouting at me for bringing up an old
pointless arguement

*I'm not very good at noticing problems

Old September 22nd 03, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

rublex wrote:
[...]

Has the 4th rail been lifted between Harrow and Watford?

Old September 22nd 03, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

For a lot of the way there is a fourth rail laid fairly loosely between the
running rails but it seems to be used for current transmission but is not in
place for proper current collection in the normal manner.
Baz

"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
rublex wrote:
[...]

---

Old September 23rd 03, 10:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

are the plans to run the Met over the Croxley link in any mature stage?
Has any one got an idea when it will open/..