Old May 31st 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default How many months Travelcard should I get

I'm going to be working now full-time, so time to get rid of PAYG and move
back to season tickets again. Hurrah! No more wondering whether or not to
swipe or not to swipe! I can use the full Silverlink! Yee ha!

Yeah I'm being a bit sarcastic.

But back to question.

I am hoping to be at work from next Monday, for at least a year and a half,
using the tube every day except the odd weekend, and for 4 weeks' holiday
and a couple of weeks off unpaid, when I will not be travelling, as I will
be recovering for an operation on my ear later this year.

Which works out cheaper?

1 year from Monday, meaning that I lose out on getting another year on 31
December at the current price, as I would be have to pay next year's rates
when renewing in June 2007.

A 7 month travelcard from Monday, meaning that I get the chance of getting
a whole year on 31 December at the current price.

Individual monthly, and occasional, weekly season tickets until 31
December, meaning I save by not having a travelcard I will not be using for
the time I am recovering from my op or on holiday?

Or can I get that back anyway, even if I *do* get a season ticket?
Confused.com here.

Ta!