Old June 1st 06, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default 77A/N77 are no more..

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Sunil Sood) wrote:

Can anyone tell me Tfl's thinking in renumbering the 77A (which has
been going for years) and replacing it with the 87 - which is the
same route..? Is it just to get rid of the A suffix or is it
something else?

That's it surely? It was the last A suffix route and they have been
itching to get rid of it for some time. What kept them?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

I have no doubt that there are some highly-paid TFL officials who get
their kicks out of removing anything old (-evil) and replacing it with
something new (sexy). My list would be endless, but here are a few to
be going on with:-

Routemasters / bendybuses
other double-deckers / bendybuses
Routemasters & other double-deckers / minbuses (a policy whose
disastrous consequences has now been accepted by all concerned!)
proper blinds / useless blinds
proper timetable panels at bus stops / useless generalisation
staff uniforms / bland unidentifiable clothing
by-law on queuing at bus stops / no by-law
opening front windows on buses / glasshouses on wheels

I could go on. I have no doubt that the mere fact that the 77A had been
with us for so long counted heavily against its retention.

Marc.