Old May 31st 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 77A/N77 are no more..

Email from TfL:

---------
I am writing to let you know that from Saturday 3 June 2006, new route 87
will run between Aldwych and Wandsworth, directly replacing route 77A, which
will no longer run.

New night bus route N87 will run between Aldwych and Kingston, replacing
night route N77, which will no longer run. The section of route between
Kingston and Tolworth will be replaced by route 281, which will become a 24
hour service.

Night bus N87 will run every 15 minutes on Sunday to Thursday nights and
every 10 minutes on Friday and Saturday nights.
-----------

Can anyone tell me Tfl's thinking in renumbering the 77A (which has been
going for years) and replacing it with the 87 - which is the same route..?
Is it just to get rid of the A suffix or is it something else?

Regards
Sunil

Old June 1st 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
" writes
I could go on. I have no doubt that the mere fact that the 77A had been
with us for so long counted heavily against its retention.

I *could* grumble here about the demise of the previous 87, but
apparently that's falling on deaf ears at TfL who are merely promising
to carry out a survey [1], grumble, grumble grumble...

[1] A survey? Getting data from the ticket machines on buses and
speaking to drivers must be far too effective and efficient. "We have a
budget for a survey though and this will delay having to fix the
problems we caused" ;O

--
Paul G
Typing from Barking
Old June 6th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes, some idiot is probably paid for destroying what little is left of an
once great heritage.