Old June 2nd 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default How many months Travelcard should I get

asdf wrote in
:

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 21:42:40 -0500, Tristán White wrote:

I have a feeling the answer depends on exactly what day of the year
you're going to get fired/leave/whatever, so one would need to do a

SNIP

Ahh but then you just cancel the card and apply for a refund of the
remaining days....

I'd already taken that into account. If you started yesterday (1 June)
and worked until 31 May in any year, it'd be cheaper to cover the
whole lot with annuals. But if you worked until 31 Dec (2007 or
later), it'd be cheaper to start with monthlies at 2006 prices, then
switch to annuals at the end of the year, rather than starting with
annuals then buying monthlies (retrospectively) for the final 6
months.

Not something worth worrying about, though.

Can one buy an 18 month travelcard?

If not, don't see why not (considering that the cost now is the same as it
will be on 31 December)