Old June 12th 06, 10:47 AM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Jonathan Morris Jonathan Morris is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

wrote:
I travelled on the 1823 a few weeks ago and this two-unit train
certainly wasn't busy. Far better would have been to ban certain busy
trains - e.g 1815 Cambridge and others which are already full to spread
the loadings.

The 1753 should be 8-car, and the 1823 will be 6-car. If there's any
fault, they'll bring out a 4-car train from Hornsey and that can get a
little crowded - but people are often told that first class is
declassified (and even if they're not toldt, it always is on any 23/53
train).

These services also stop at places like New Barnet or Oakleigh Park -
so you can still step off and back on. Thus, these services can't
restrict Zone1-6 Travelcard users anyway!

Are they going to change the stock diagrams to reflect this change? The
timetables do not appear to have changed. How can they predict which
services should be reduced in length?

It's a tough one. I guess the restrictions MIGHT help these services,
but as I don't use them I won't know until anyone reports back on here
later this week. Mind you, it may take a while before people actively
avoid the peak services, as they either won't know or will pay the
extra (but re-consider for future travel).

Jonathan