Old June 13th 06, 01:55 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Clive R Robertson Clive R Robertson is offline

Default New evening ticket restrictions from King's Cross to Cambridge

On 12 Jun 2006 03:47:08 -0700, "Jonathan Morris"
wrote:

The 1753 should be 8-car, and the 1823 will be 6-car. If there's any
fault, they'll bring out a 4-car train from Hornsey and that can get a
little crowded - but people are often told that first class is
declassified (and even if they're not toldt, it always is on any 23/53
train).

I queried FCC on exactly this point a month ago, referencing the 1753.
Their reply made it clear that if I used the first class section to my
local station (Oakleigh Park) without paying a first class fare, I
would be liable to a penalty fare. Regrettably, the reply failed to
tell me what the first class fare is (and I did ask).

Regards,

Clive
--
Clive R Robertson -- AS/400 Programmer.

Webmaster of http://www.osterleypark.org.uk/ -- this describes
a beautiful National Trust property in West London.