Old June 14th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
victormeldrewsyoungerbrother victormeldrewsyoungerbrother is offline

Default Spur between Hillingdon and Ickenham

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, victormeldrewsyoungerbrother wrote:

lantern wrote:

I was looking on Google maps at the uxbridge branch of the met line, and I
noticed a spur between Hillingdon and Ickenham.

I followed this spur and it seemed to link to a depot and then towards the
central / chiltern line.

I had no idea this connection existed. Is this connection in use?

Looking at Joe Brown's London Railway Atlas there is no spur between
Ickenham and Hillingdon, but there is between Ickenham and Ruislip.

I can see that one:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...27122&t=k&om=1
http://tinyurl.com/ha38r

And nothing between Hillingdon and Ickenham; i assume that's a typo
(mappo?).

In the aerial photo, it looks like there's some sort of goods train
sitting on the spur - ballast wagons? Ah, no - not on the spur, on a
siding parallel to it, that looks like it may once have continued on
alongside the track.

tom

--
I'm not quite sure how that works but I like it ...

I looked at google earth, which I can get slightly bigger than that
map - we are talking about the same spur, trailing in to the
'down'line, leading to West Ruislip depot it is def between Ruislip and
Ickenham