Old June 25th 06, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default "Continuing your journey" maps

wrote in message
.uk...

A few days ago, there were several messages concerning the above maps
including one which gave a link to a tube map, that was "clickable" and
maps of these stations would come up. However as the message concerned has
now "disappeared" could someone please tell me what the link was? Also,
what is the "secret" of retreaving "old" messages , as clicking the "Find
Message" and filling in the details seems to be worse than useless,or am I
missing something? Thanks

"Find Message" will depend on your newsreading client software, and
particularly on what options you've chosen for storing messages locally on
your computer.

In this particular case, the messages are likely still to be on your ISP's
server, in the thread to which you are replying. I guess that you've
selected "Hide read messages", so if you choose "View all messages" you
should be able to look at the whole thread. If you want to be able to
search with "Find Message", you may need to download the message bodies.

If you want to search for messages which may not be in your local message
store, and particularly ones not on your server, try Google (choosing the
Groups) option.
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/se...&q t_s=Search
[The advanced search is particularly handy if you know which group, and
roughly when the message was posted.]
--
David Biddulph