Old June 24th 06, 11:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "Continuing your journey" maps

A few days ago, there were several messages concerning the above maps
including one which gave a link to a tube map, that was "clickable" and maps
of these stations would come up. However as the message concerned has now
"disappeared" could someone please tell me what the link was? Also, what is
the "secret" of retreaving "old" messages , as clicking the "Find Message"
and filling in the details seems to be worse than useless,or am I missing
something? Thanks

Old June 25th 06, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
.uk...

A few days ago, there were several messages concerning the above maps
including one which gave a link to a tube map, that was "clickable" and
maps of these stations would come up. However as the message concerned has
now "disappeared" could someone please tell me what the link was? Also,
what is the "secret" of retreaving "old" messages , as clicking the "Find
Message" and filling in the details seems to be worse than useless,or am I
missing something? Thanks

"Find Message" will depend on your newsreading client software, and
particularly on what options you've chosen for storing messages locally on
your computer.

In this particular case, the messages are likely still to be on your ISP's
server, in the thread to which you are replying. I guess that you've
selected "Hide read messages", so if you choose "View all messages" you
should be able to look at the whole thread. If you want to be able to
search with "Find Message", you may need to download the message bodies.

If you want to search for messages which may not be in your local message
store, and particularly ones not on your server, try Google (choosing the
Groups) option.
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups/se...&q t_s=Search
[The advanced search is particularly handy if you know which group, and
roughly when the message was posted.]
--
David Biddulph

Old June 25th 06, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
wrote:
Colum Mylod wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:45:45 +0100, "John Rowland"

Grays [sic] Inn Road??

Yes.
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1996/Uksi_19961078_en_1.htm
He kind of owns the thing, I think, so if he says there's no
apostrophe, he's right.

Not quite sure what the foregoing means.

But, since Gray's (from Gray's Inn, which name originates from Sir
Reginald de Grey, Chief Justice of Chester, Constable and Sheriff of
Nottingham, who died in 1308) is a possessive noun, there can be no
doubt that an apostrophe is necessary, whether or not the illiterate
buffoons creating secondary legislation include it or not.

So why isn't an 'e' in Gray also necessary? Your adherance to the theory
that we must stick to names with 13th century meaning seems very selective.
Road names change with time, otherwise half the streets in London would
still be called Queens Road or New Street.

Not at all: the spelling of someone's name (or other nouns, such as the
colour "gray" to "grey") may change, as may place or street names, but
the basic rules of grammar, i.e. an apostrophe to indicate a possessive
noun, do not.

Marc.

Old June 25th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.journeyplanner.org/im/SI-T.html

However as the message
concerned has now "disappeared" could someone please tell me what the
link was? Also, what is the "secret" of retreaving "old" messages ,
as clicking the "Find Message" and filling in the details seems to be
worse than useless,or am I missing something? Thanks

Use the menu option "View/Current View/Show All Messages". For future
reference, it is better when asking this sort of question to say which
newsreader you are using, in your case "Outlook Express", to save us the
trouble of finding it out ourselves.