Old July 4th 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

We're all getting too damn soft and the media don't help. When I was
a kid we just called it hot weather and got on with it. Now there are
endless announcements to carry water and if you believe the news
we're all about to suffer heat stroke.

That's because in the past when people dropped dead on the tube, their
relatives just grieved, buried their dead and got on with their lives.
Now they sue.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p15036443.html
(Original "Great Western" nameplate on 47 500, 1979)