Old July 10th 06, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] lukeross@gmail.com is offline

Default Journey History Now On TFL Website

Hi,

Tim Bray wrote:
"Please note, customers will only be able to view this information if
they have purchased pay as you go credit (including Auto top-up) from
Oyster online."

It knows my balance, so why the discrimination?

It does not show my journey history.
I have topped up my oyster online, but it hasn't been for a few months.

Maybe it is costly (in computing terms) to export the data to the
website, and so they use `has topped up online` as a flag to work out
who uses the website.

I asked Oyster about this, and it seems to be pretty-much arbitrary:

"Online top-up is required in order to view your journey history
because, when introducing online journey data, we decided initially to
limit the facility to customers who order their pay as you go top-ups
through Oyster online or Telesales, so that we could assess customer
demand and the data handling requirements before deciding how best to
make this information available to a broader group of Oyster
customers."

"A decision regarding the expansion of this facility will be made later
this year."

Boo!

Luke