Old July 17th 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default "Unreliable" oyster card

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 21:16:56 +0100,
Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote in :

You are lucky in that I've never seen Uxbridge station ticket office
unstaffed. I was traipsing to Burnt Oak (usually unstaffed) and Edgware
(nobody in ticket office on a weekday at 3pm) to try and sort my Oyster
replacement.

It's often unstaffed, especially at weekends and late at night.
Several times I've seen signs to board the train and pay at the
destination (the gates are left open and the ticket machines out of use).

Do not expect Oyster replacement to be quick and simple; just be
pleasantly surprised if it is...

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN