Old July 25th 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Woolwich Ferry question

On Sun, 22 Jul 2006, Peter Heather wrote:

A little known fact for you. As you may have noticed in Helen's photos,
the ferry boats carry the TfL Street Management roundel on the side of
the bridge. As the ferry connects the South Circular Road to the North
Circular (via the A117) it was decided to put the ferry under the
control of the Streets side of TfL in 2000, rather than the London River
Services division of the organisation as you might expect. As Streets
are responsible for many of the bridges over the Thames it seems
appropriate as it can be considered as simply another river crossing.

Makes sense - the ferries are basically mobile bits of road!

tom

--
I do not think we will have to wait for long.