Old August 27th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Marble Arch car park and the extended C charge zone free route

Peter Frimberley wrote:
On 27 Aug 2006 12:25:02 -0700, wrote:

Fig wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:05:48 +0100, wrote:

I use this car park when visiting London. Anyone know if it will
be in the extended zone come Feburary, or be classed as part of
the free route (not at all clear from TFL's website)

Also is there any easy way to get there from the M40/A40 without
paying (currently use Holland park Roundabout and the Bayswater
Road)

Map of the new zone he

http://www.cclondon.com/download/wez_A3Map.pdf [670KB]

Looks like you should be okay,

Yes, same map I looked at. Should be OK, but not totally clear.

but will have to come off at the Marylebone
flyover and use the Edgeware Road to get to Marble Arch.

No go, unless they change the banned turn rules.Marylebone road to
Old marylebone Road is no right turn according to my map (the
reason I use the Bayswater Road to begin with). Looking at the
rather long Gloucester Place-Park Road-St Johns Wood Road-Edgware
Road route, or even A4 Cromwell/Brompton Road then up Park Lane.

Well the kerbs and railings of the Edgeware Road flyover were being
rebuilt when I went over it last week, so it's quite possible they
are reinstating a legitimate slip off the Westway just before the
flyover and will subsequently be putting the right turn back in.

I don't think so. My understanding of the Traffic Order that authorised
the current road works is that the previous slip road arrangement will
be reinstated when the works are finished (supposed to be 10 September,
but the Traffic Order is valid until 1 October).

--
Richard J.