Old August 27th 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Marble Arch car park and the extended C charge zone free route

I use this car park when visiting London. Anyone know if it will be in
the extended zone come Feburary, or be classed as part of the free
route (not at all clear from TFL's website)

Also is there any easy way to get there from the M40/A40 without paying
(currently use Holland park Roundabout and the Bayswater Road)

Old August 27th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:05:48 +0100, wrote:

I use this car park when visiting London. Anyone know if it will be in
the extended zone come Feburary, or be classed as part of the free
route (not at all clear from TFL's website)

Also is there any easy way to get there from the M40/A40 without paying
(currently use Holland park Roundabout and the Bayswater Road)

Map of the new zone he

http://www.cclondon.com/download/wez_A3Map.pdf [670KB]

Looks like you should be okay, but will have to come off at the Marylebone
flyover and use the Edgeware Road to get to Marble Arch.

Old August 27th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Fig wrote:
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:05:48 +0100, wrote:

I use this car park when visiting London. Anyone know if it will be in
the extended zone come Feburary, or be classed as part of the free
route (not at all clear from TFL's website)

Also is there any easy way to get there from the M40/A40 without paying
(currently use Holland park Roundabout and the Bayswater Road)

Map of the new zone he

http://www.cclondon.com/download/wez_A3Map.pdf [670KB]

Looks like you should be okay,

Yes, same map I looked at. Should be OK, but not totally clear.

but will have to come off at the Marylebone
flyover and use the Edgeware Road to get to Marble Arch.

No go, unless they change the banned turn rules.Marylebone road to Old
marylebone Road is no right turn according to my map (the reason I use
the Bayswater Road to begin with). Looking at the rather long
Gloucester Place-Park Road-St Johns Wood Road-Edgware Road route, or
even A4 Cromwell/Brompton Road then up Park Lane.

Old August 27th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Aug 2006 12:25:02 -0700, wrote:

Fig wrote:
[...]

Well the kerbs and railings of the Edgeware Road flyover were being
rebuilt when I went over it last week, so it's quite possible they are
reinstating a legitimate slip off the Westway just before the flyover
and will subsequently be putting the right turn back in.
Old August 27th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Fig wrote:
[...]

I don't think so. My understanding of the Traffic Order that authorised
the current road works is that the previous slip road arrangement will
be reinstated when the works are finished (supposed to be 10 September,
but the Traffic Order is valid until 1 October).

--
Richard J.

Old August 28th 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:

Surely Cromwell Road will go right through the zone.

Yes, you are right. I thought all the green roads were free, but this
one won't be. Confusing isn't it.

You will have to come
off at the Paddington Slip/Westbourne Terrace and then turn left (which I
think is legal) onto Bishops Bridge Road, then take Harrow Road and Edgware
Road. Ask Windows Live Local for the shortest route from Bentworth Road to
Old Marylebone Road and it will show it.

Failing that, carry on to Marylebone Road, go left into Lisson Grove, right
into Harewood Row, right into Harewood Avenue, right into Marylebone Road,
left into Old Marylebone Road.

Thanks. If I come down before Xmas I'll take a look before the charge
kicks in. As a last resort I can always carry on to the Euston flyover
and turn round there. Heaven help anyone who doesn't know where they
are going come Feb - at least the current zone is pretty
straightforward.

Old August 28th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
John Rowland wrote:

Surely Cromwell Road will go right through the zone.

Yes, you are right. I thought all the green roads were free, but this
one won't be. Confusing isn't it.

The *only* free routes through the expanded zone will be Westway and
inner ring road (Edgware Road / Park Lane / Grosvenor Place / Vauxhall
Bridge Road). Remember those two and forget about all other routes.

You will have to come
off at the Paddington Slip/Westbourne Terrace and then turn left (which I
think is legal) onto Bishops Bridge Road, then take Harrow Road and Edgware
Road. Ask Windows Live Local for the shortest route from Bentworth Road to
Old Marylebone Road and it will show it.

Failing that, carry on to Marylebone Road, go left into Lisson Grove, right
into Harewood Row, right into Harewood Avenue, right into Marylebone Road,
left into Old Marylebone Road.

Thanks. If I come down before Xmas I'll take a look before the charge
kicks in. As a last resort I can always carry on to the Euston flyover
and turn round there. Heaven help anyone who doesn't know where they
are going come Feb - at least the current zone is pretty
straightforward.

The route using the Paddington Slip is all legal (left over Bishop's
Bridge, along Harrow Road and then right down Edgware Road), and is
probably the best.

In addition to the turn-around route John suggested, there is also a
free turn-around route by turning right at Baker Street, right into York
Street, right into Gloucester Place and then left back into Marylebone Road.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7