Old September 11th 06, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default TfL give up on FCC

"asdf" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:09:05 +0100, Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

I think it was first officially shown on the map in 1977 (and I'm sure
someone will correct me if I'm wrong) -- but it hasn't even been
consistently shown since then. At some point in the 80's, it vanished.
And then in the late 80's or early 90's, it returned; around the same
time, the Northern City line (aka Great Northern Electrics) vanished.

Here's an example of the initial unofficial appearance on the map, as
displayed at the Museum Depot:
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=35525

I note that Camden Road is shown as an interchange with Camden Town - did
this make it onto the official map at any stage?

Another oddity is that there don't seem to be enough stations between
Highbury & Islington and Broad Street. I thought it went Canonbury,
Dalston Junction, Haggerston, Hoxton; but only two of these are shown
(I can't read the text but it looks like it could be the first two).

The map is right in that respect. Haggerston closed in 1940 after bomb
damage. Hoxton will be new when it opens on the ELL.
--
David Biddulph