Old September 12th 06, 01:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Rush hour virgin

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:11:42 GMT, "Penny Farthing"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
news

It could be a bit of PR coup for FCC if they were to offer to
help if our poster emailed them and explained their concerns though!

You will laugh at this. I have had a reply from FCC Firstly I
will paste below my e-mail and then their reply:

Dear Sirs
I am an inexperienced user of public transport and have never used
it in the rush hour. Early in October I have to make a journey
from Hackbridge to Farringdon and be in Farringdon by 8:30am. I
have to do this on 2 consecutive days and return about 6pm on both
days.
I have a great feeling of fear and trepidation about this and even
considered spending over 200 pounds on cabs to avoid this.
I searched some on-line travel planners and realised that in the
mornings I would (for some reason) have to change at Tulse Hill.
(A lot more fear) I posted my fears to an on-line newsgroup called
uk.transport.london and have received some amazing help and
support. They have suggested that I get a clockwise train from
Hackbridge which will take quite a bit longer but will be direct and
they said I should almost certainly get a seat. They even sent me
timetables and maps. They also said I should e-mail you to see if
you can offer an further help. You can read the thread which is
entitled 'Rush hour virgin' at uk.transport.london You should find
it here

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....n?lnk=lr&hl=en
( I am known as Penny Farthing on newsgroups)
I look forward to hearing from you soon

Their helpful reply:

Customer Relations
First Capital Connect
FREEPOST ADM3973
London
SW1A 1YP
Tel: 0845 0264700
Fax: 0845 6769904
Website: www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
Ref: 1384022

Dear xxxxxxx
Thank you for your email dated 8 September 2006.
Unfortunately Customer Relations do not hold any information on
train times or fares, but National Rail Enquiries should be able to
help with your query. Their contact details a
Telephone: 08457 484950
Internet: www.nationalrail.co.uk
Thank you once again for contacting First Capital Connect.
Yours sincerely
Adam Xxxxx
Customer Relations Advisor

No extra mile there then....lol

A typically "numbskull" response from someone who couldn't spot a PR
opportunity sitting behind an unusual request.

I've got a good mind to send that reply to the Operations and Safety
Director at FCC - I know him from his days at LUL!

I imagine he would not be very amused.

However, it's more in line with the behaviour of the company since April
1st, I'm afraid. I think I must have met said FCC Operations and Safety
Director too.

--
Colin Rosenstiel