Old September 13th 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Joe Patrick Joe Patrick is offline

Default Taking the PIS

www.waspies.net wrote:
As a regular user (victim) of Chiltern I have become more and more
convinced that they should have the strap line

"Chiltern Trains Not as good as we think we are"

They are bloody expensive, with lazy staff who can't be arsed to change
the destination on the front of the trains, or to give you information
when the service is crap, they have virtually no CCTV at their stations,
I could go on.

I disagree with you about the CCTV, even Little Kimble has been fitted
with it recently, but I do agree that the standard of the majority of
their staff is quite poor and many don't act very professionally.

2 years ago when I used to travel High Wycombe to Aylesbury, an elderly
gentleman got off a Birmingham bound train at Princes Risborough
because the PIS was scrolling "This is London Marylebone, this train
terminates here, all change please" and went into the ticket office to
complain.