Old October 3rd 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Website maps out greener way to work

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, John B wrote:

Kev wrote:

I don't understand why it is greener to walk?

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5390418.stm

Do they stop running the tubes or buses if enough people decided to
walk. I can't see how this helps the environment.

Directly: the train/bus doesn't need to use energy to accelerate 80kg of
you every time it speeds up, nor to raise 80kg of you up any hills it
may climb.

And taxis wouldn't have to make the trip at all.

tom

--
The girlfriend of my friend is my enemy.