Old October 5th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Memo to Northern Line Controller

In article ,
Dave Arquati wrote:
wrote:
But how would going one extra stop and then detraining avoid any hold
up? It would just mean the hold up would be delayed by a couple of
minutes.

East Finchley has four platform faces, two of which lead solely to
Highgate depot (thus any trains in these platforms do not block
following trains) whilst Finchley Central has just two (where
terminating trains do block following trains).

Pedantically, Finchley Central has three plaform faces; two of which
can be used by southbound trains (I think: can a north-to-south
reversal be done by a train running south from platform 2? I'll
have to look now; you've made me curious).

--
I don't play The Game - it's for five-year-olds with delusions of adulthood.