Old October 8th 06, 11:24 AM posted to uk.people.disability,uk.people.disability.transport,uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Tube maps for the blind

In ,
Tone. typed:
On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 05:03:56 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...t.asp?prID=907

This isn't new.
When I was a kid I clearly remember an underground map at Barking
station that someone had put Braille dots on for the relevant
stations.
However I also remember going back the following week and seeing most
of them scratched off!

I suppose the problem now is that they need to be in about 20
languages or someone's going to start screaming.

If you read the article, you will find that it is not about a blind
person finding their way around the network but around individual
stations - nothing like the map at Barking.

--
Bob