Old October 13th 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Access to the Broad Street route

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Mizter T wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

On 12 Oct 2006 09:34:53 -0700, "TheOneKEA" wrote:

How will most of the building materials be brought on site anyway?

I thought work had been going on for ages in terms of bridge
rehabilitation etc? Surely some materials have had to reach site - I
imagine via road.

Regarding the transport of materials to the site - as the curve from
Dalston Junction to the NLL is a late entry to Phase 1 of the ELLX, and
will open a little after the rest of Phase 1, I'd preseum nothing will
be arriving by rail from that end. In which case whatever materials that
do arrive by rail will come over from the mainline New Cross or New
Cross Gate.

Canal! The Regent's Canal runs right into the middle of the northern ELLX;
they can bring things in by barge, unload them there, and distribute them
along the alignment.

I'm not mad, you know!

Wasn't there a plan to use canal barges for something in the Croxley Link
project?

tom

--
Subvert normality.