Old October 9th 03, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Smyth Peter Smyth is offline

Default Crossrail and Maryland, the finale

"Robin May" wrote in message

Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via
Emerson Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how
many extra trains it would need (although getting the Upminster
line back onto the network would be nice). I think it'd be worth
extending it to Barking though - that would ensure Maryland
remained open, and provide services from Barking (and thus in one
connection the Dagenham/Rainham area) to Stratford and Camden.

Would these ideas involve an end to the service down to North Woolwich?
What alternative services would people near Silvertown and North
Woolwich stations have?

I think the North Woolwich NLL service is already going to be stopped when
the DLR extension to London City Airport and Woolwich Arsenal is built.

Peter Smyth