Old October 9th 03, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail and Maryland, the finale

Old October 9th 03, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it was Jonn Elledge
), in message
who said:

Dear John

Crossrail's priority is to get approval for the project.

During peak hours we plan to run 12 trains per hour, First Great
Eastern currently run around 14-15 on the Shenfield line. Our
proposal is that up to 6 trains per hour would continue to operate a
suburban-style service from Gidea Park to Liverpool Street station.

Exact information on train operating company franchises and their
services is up to the Strategic Rail Authority. The earliest that
details about companies who could operate the service will be
available would be once the parliamentary stage is complete.
Crossrail is working closely with the SRA and franchisees to agree
arrangements for the construction of the new infrastructure and
operation of the new services

I hope you will understand that I can't make any statements about the
services that other train operating companies are providing as they
may be completely different in 2013.

Umm... so what exactly /is/ happening to Maryland Station?

Or was the header a curveball, like 'Trainspotting' or 'Brazil' or 'Song for
Guy'?

BTN

Old October 9th 03, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via Emerson
Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how many extra
trains it would need (although getting the Upminster line back onto the
network would be nice). I think it'd be worth extending it to Barking
though - that would ensure Maryland remained open, and provide services from
Barking (and thus in one connection the Dagenham/Rainham area) to Stratford
and Camden.

Best,
Jonn

Old October 9th 03, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jonn Elledge" wrote the following in:

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via
Emerson Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how
many extra trains it would need (although getting the Upminster
line back onto the network would be nice). I think it'd be worth
extending it to Barking though - that would ensure Maryland
remained open, and provide services from Barking (and thus in one
connection the Dagenham/Rainham area) to Stratford and Camden.

Would these ideas involve an end to the service down to North Woolwich?
What alternative services would people near Silvertown and North
Woolwich stations have?

--
message by Robin May, consumer of liquids
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Hacker is to computer as boy racer is to Ford Escort.

Old October 9th 03, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin May" wrote in message

Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via
Emerson Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how
many extra trains it would need (although getting the Upminster
line back onto the network would be nice). I think it'd be worth
extending it to Barking though - that would ensure Maryland
remained open, and provide services from Barking (and thus in one
connection the Dagenham/Rainham area) to Stratford and Camden.

Would these ideas involve an end to the service down to North Woolwich?
What alternative services would people near Silvertown and North
Woolwich stations have?

I think the North Woolwich NLL service is already going to be stopped when
the DLR extension to London City Airport and Woolwich Arsenal is built.

Peter Smyth

Old October 24th 03, 07:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Jonn Elledge
writes
Personally, I'd rather see the North London Line's 4tph
extended from Stratford to Gidea Park, or perhaps Upminster via Emerson
Park.

I'm not sure it'd be worth sending it that far out - think how many extra
trains it would need (although getting the Upminster line back onto the
network would be nice).

You'd also need to cross over from the Slow Lines at or before Romford,
costing paths on the Fasts. I'm not even sure of the track layout at
Romford without looking it up, but I suspect changes would be needed
there as well.

There are rumours that the Emerson Park line will be connected to the
District at Upminster, not to allow a through service (laughter) but to
allow LU trains to be dragged to Ilford for major servicing.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:

A Stock Finale 77002 London Transport 1 April 24th 12 08:49 PM
Tour of Britain finale crowns London's biggest day of cycling TravelBot London Transport News 0 August 28th 06 08:24 AM
Crossrail will serve Maryland station TravelBot London Transport News 0 August 28th 06 08:23 AM
Crossrail and Maryland Jonn Elledge London Transport 7 October 4th 03 01:27 PM
Crossrail and Maryland Jonn Elledge London Transport 0 September 28th 03 10:38 PM