Old November 1st 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] jonn.elledge@centaur.co.uk is offline

Default "The Olympics will be late and over budget"

John Rowland wrote:
http://www.nceplus.co.uk/news/news_a...il_engineering

I've just spent more of my life than I'm strictly speaking happy about
researching and writing an article on this very subject.

Consensus in the industry seems to be, going on past Olympics, that
it'll be ready for July 2012 because it's too big and too high profile
not to. But to achieve that costs are likely to soar - the less time
there is to do stuff, the more expensive it becomes to do it.

You'll notice the government is being very, very cagey about giving out
cost estimates. One suspects that they don't want anyone to be able to
pin a figure on them.

Jonn