Old November 11th 06, 10:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Is TOX back?

jonmorris wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Or foreign ones. Surprise surprise theres a huge amount of polish
plates around london now not to mention latvian and lithuanian and
the drivers
of these cars can just happily ignore speed cameras, the congestion
charge and anything else where traffic police have been replaced by
cameras by
the bean counters.

Auto Express revealed a year or two ago about buying a car (this time
from France) and getting out of paying fines or the congestion charge.
In fact, they didn't even GET a ticket because no council would issue
a ticket on a foreign car. [Likewise, many foreign countries won't
ticket you either - but of course, they might still tow you or clamp
you].

I thought that there were reciprocal arrangements in place to enable any EU
country to pursue fines and charges incurred by a vehicle registered in
another EU country. Possibly it's not yet in place for newer members like
Poland, but I'm sure it will happen. Certainly the French have no
hesitation in ticketing me in Paris! :-(
--
Richard J.