Old November 11th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Is TOX back?

jonmorris wrote:
who are drunk, uninsured, unlicenced, driving with fake/cloned plates

Or foreign ones. Surprise surprise theres a huge amount of polish
plates
around london now not to mention latvian and lithuanian and the drivers
of these cars can just happily ignore speed cameras, the congestion
charge
and anything else where traffic police have been replaced by cameras by
the bean counters. Also these plates are now being used by locals since
I saw some asians driving around in a (right hand drive) car with
polish
plates the other day.

B2003

Old November 11th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 9 Nov 2006 07:55:39 -0800, jonmorris wrote:

Sadly, even though he may be known, they still need proof.

He is known, and has done 3 months on remand before being fined when caught
last time.

Of course he was caught writing tox 03, he may not be the original or even
the new one.

Steve
Old November 11th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Or foreign ones. Surprise surprise theres a huge amount of polish
plates around london now not to mention latvian and lithuanian and the drivers
of these cars can just happily ignore speed cameras, the congestion
charge and anything else where traffic police have been replaced by cameras by
the bean counters.

Auto Express revealed a year or two ago about buying a car (this time
from France) and getting out of paying fines or the congestion charge.
In fact, they didn't even GET a ticket because no council would issue a
ticket on a foreign car. [Likewise, many foreign countries won't ticket
you either - but of course, they might still tow you or clamp you].

It used to be Dutch plates in north London, but now it's the plates you
mention (Polish particularly around Hatfield, although many of them ARE
at least driven by real Polish people). You can avoid insurance and
road tax too, so no wonder so many people are driving 'foreign' cars
(many RHD) and never registering them here.

The problem is the police aren't much more bothered than the
authorities. They don't want the hassle of stopping a foreigner, and
you can simply say you're over on holiday/borrowing the car with
permission. How will they know it's been here for 2 or 3 years (as a
few cars are that live very nearby)? Probably too much work, although
to be fair, I have read that they're going to be doing a few sting
operations to try and catch people - but how successful this might be
remains to be seen. One or two days out on a mini-roadblock isn't going
to have much of an impact.

Also these plates are now being used by locals since I saw some asians driving around in
a (right hand drive) car with polish plates the other day.

I'm sure you'll see a lot more when more people catch on about this
very easy scam. I guess we're not helping the situation by talking
about it here!

Jonathan

Old November 11th 06, 10:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

jonmorris wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Or foreign ones. Surprise surprise theres a huge amount of polish
plates around london now not to mention latvian and lithuanian and
the drivers
of these cars can just happily ignore speed cameras, the congestion
charge and anything else where traffic police have been replaced by
cameras by
the bean counters.

Auto Express revealed a year or two ago about buying a car (this time
from France) and getting out of paying fines or the congestion charge.
In fact, they didn't even GET a ticket because no council would issue
a ticket on a foreign car. [Likewise, many foreign countries won't
ticket you either - but of course, they might still tow you or clamp
you].

I thought that there were reciprocal arrangements in place to enable any EU
country to pursue fines and charges incurred by a vehicle registered in
another EU country. Possibly it's not yet in place for newer members like
Poland, but I'm sure it will happen. Certainly the French have no
hesitation in ticketing me in Paris! :-(
--
Richard J.

Old November 11th 06, 11:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Steve" wrote in message
On 9 Nov 2006 07:55:39 -0800, jonmorris wrote:

Sadly, even though he may be known, they still need proof.

Three months?!? The verminous parasitic scumbag should be either shot on
sight or shoved in front of a speeding train for all the extensive damage he
has caused!

Old November 11th 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

jonmorris wrote:
Boltar wrote:
[...]

:-(

I've been told by our (Cambridge City) parking manager that such moves
are being honed. What we have also noticed is that no foreign plate
should ever have a residents' permit renewed because it should have got
a UK plate by then.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old November 12th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Poland, but I'm sure it will happen. Certainly the French have no
hesitation in ticketing me in Paris! :-(

Did they pursue you for the money or did you just pay up anyway?

B2003

Old November 12th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
Poland, but I'm sure it will happen. Certainly the French have no
hesitation in ticketing me in Paris! :-(

Did they pursue you for the money or did you just pay up anyway?

The first time, in 1994, the advice from the British embassy was that I
didn't have to pay unless I wanted to bring the same car to France another
time. Since it was a company car that I was due to change the following
year, I ignored the ticket and heard nothing more.

The other one was earlier this year, and I paid it, partly because it was
only £24.50 (compared to £50 in Kensington, for example).
--
Richard J.

Tox to be boxed Recliner[_2_] London Transport 25 June 9th 11 07:42 PM
TOX sentenced John Rowland London Transport 6 October 14th 04 08:36 AM
Back to buses. Kat London Transport 14 January 19th 04 07:20 PM
trains into Waterloo - back to nomal? Tim London Transport 8 January 12th 04 06:26 PM
TOX.03 Boltar London Transport 13 October 29th 03 02:08 PM