Old December 18th 06, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default Albert Bridge

In message . com,
Conductor in Charge of.......... writes
Can anyone tell me why Albert Bridge was closed again all weekend? No
sign of any work and looking remarkably like one of TFLs make
congestion exercises! However will happily be proved wrong if anyone
knows a better reason. Did wonders for traffic on Battersea Bridge,
pretty much solified all the nearby roads at 15.00

Resurfacing at Cheyne Walk on north side of bridge. Took place Saturday
and Sunday nights. Got message on taxi computer on Sat but forgot about
it on Sunday and got caught up in it (fortunately I came in from Old
Church Street to go to Chelsea Bridge so didn't have to wait too long
but the queue looked long in both directions)

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England