Old December 17th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Albert Bridge

Can anyone tell me why Albert Bridge was closed again all weekend? No
sign of any work and looking remarkably like one of TFLs make
congestion exercises! However will happily be proved wrong if anyone
knows a better reason. Did wonders for traffic on Battersea Bridge,
pretty much solified all the nearby roads at 15.00

Old December 18th 06, 03:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:

No sign of any work and looking remarkably
like one of TFLs make congestion exercises!

Speaking of which, at about 2am on Sunday Morning I waited for 5 minutes at
a temporary traffic lights at Abbey Road/Belsize Road. When I finally got
through, I looked around and there were no lane closures in any of the four
roads... shouldn't someone's job be to visit these sites and prosecute
construction companies for obstructing the highway?

Old December 18th 06, 06:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
Conductor in Charge of.......... writes
Can anyone tell me why Albert Bridge was closed again all weekend? No
sign of any work and looking remarkably like one of TFLs make
congestion exercises! However will happily be proved wrong if anyone
knows a better reason. Did wonders for traffic on Battersea Bridge,
pretty much solified all the nearby roads at 15.00

Resurfacing at Cheyne Walk on north side of bridge. Took place Saturday
and Sunday nights. Got message on taxi computer on Sat but forgot about
it on Sunday and got caught up in it (fortunately I came in from Old
Church Street to go to Chelsea Bridge so didn't have to wait too long
but the queue looked long in both directions)

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England
Old December 18th 06, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Conductor in Charge of." wrote
in message
ups.com
| | Can anyone tell me why Albert Bridge was closed again
| | all weekend? No sign of any work and looking remarkably
| | like one of TFLs make congestion exercises! However
| | will happily be proved wrong if anyone knows a better
| | reason. Did wonders for traffic on Battersea Bridge,
| | pretty much solified all the nearby roads at 15.00

Back in 1988 a barge hit the bridge and it caused the bridge to be closed
for what seemed ages for buses. I can't recall if cars were stopped. It
went on for what seemed ages and the inconvenience was terrible.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD
www.ukip.org/

Old December 18th 06, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, John Rowland wrote:

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:

No sign of any work and looking remarkably like one of TFLs make
congestion exercises!

Speaking of which, at about 2am on Sunday Morning I waited for 5 minutes
at a temporary traffic lights at Abbey Road/Belsize Road. When I finally
got through, I looked around and there were no lane closures in any of
the four roads...

Speaking of which, there have been barriers - thousands of 'em - blocking
the cycle lane along Torrington Place for several weeks now, with no sign
at a all of any work being done to or near the lane.

I contacted the council about it, they said they were going to get rid of
them, they vanished, and then promptly came back.

shouldn't someone's job be to visit these sites and
prosecute construction companies for obstructing the highway?

Yes!

tom

--
It's amazing how often conversations with you have the imaginary sound
of human bones being crushed to rubble in the background. -- itchyfidget,