Old December 18th 06, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mad Dog anti EU Mad Dog anti EU is offline

Default Albert Bridge

"Conductor in Charge of." wrote
in message
ups.com
| | Can anyone tell me why Albert Bridge was closed again
| | all weekend? No sign of any work and looking remarkably
| | like one of TFLs make congestion exercises! However
| | will happily be proved wrong if anyone knows a better
| | reason. Did wonders for traffic on Battersea Bridge,
| | pretty much solified all the nearby roads at 15.00

Back in 1988 a barge hit the bridge and it caused the bridge to be closed
for what seemed ages for buses. I can't recall if cars were stopped. It
went on for what seemed ages and the inconvenience was terrible.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD
www.ukip.org/