Old December 18th 06, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Albert Bridge

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, John Rowland wrote:

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:

No sign of any work and looking remarkably like one of TFLs make
congestion exercises!

Speaking of which, at about 2am on Sunday Morning I waited for 5 minutes
at a temporary traffic lights at Abbey Road/Belsize Road. When I finally
got through, I looked around and there were no lane closures in any of
the four roads...

Speaking of which, there have been barriers - thousands of 'em - blocking
the cycle lane along Torrington Place for several weeks now, with no sign
at a all of any work being done to or near the lane.

I contacted the council about it, they said they were going to get rid of
them, they vanished, and then promptly came back.

shouldn't someone's job be to visit these sites and
prosecute construction companies for obstructing the highway?

Yes!

tom

--
It's amazing how often conversations with you have the imaginary sound
of human bones being crushed to rubble in the background. -- itchyfidget,