Old December 26th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Earl Purple Earl Purple is offline

Default Why don't tube staff enforce the routing systems in stations?

AndreaC wrote:

I exited TCR from the Northern yesterday lunchtime and although the
tunnel between the platform and the escalators is pretty wide, I came
up behind a family (mother, 2 children and granny) walking along 4
abreast holding hands. When I said 'excuse me' the mother looked round
at me as if I was asking her to sacrifice one of her children, so I
then said 'you can't just block the tunnels' at which point I got a
torrent of abuse.

I can't help but wonder if her children learned any new words yesterday
or if they are already part of their vocabulary?

Were you coming from the NOrth or from the South?