Old January 1st 07, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Happy New Year... & thanks for getting me there and back!

In message . com,
Mizter T writes
Happy New Year to one and all on utl.

And thanks to TfL and the public transport workers of London who
enabled the masses (including me) to travel across the capital to get
to and from the NYE revelry. All the bus drivers and Tube staff I came
across were all in good spirits which was great and added to the
bonhomie of the occasion.

blush Ahh, thank you.

I think the very useful through the night Underground service is pretty
new occurance as well - can anyone provide any further information as
to what the situation was in years gone by? I think it used to run
later, but not all night. The TfL funded late night National Rail
services are definitely a new innovation, starting last year I think.

I've worked through the night, just missing the one, on NYE every year
since we started doing it. It was first done for the millennium, and
it's been done every year since.

Next year I shall have a year off as I'll be on annual leave, and I've
been *told* that I swap my leave at pain of death! So we will be out
enjoying ourselves!

It's all, IMO, a welcome change from the old negative official attitude
that abounded during NYE in London. Good stuff. I'll finish this
incoherent rambling now, as I think I hear the hair of the dog
calling...

Some of us are only just starting our New year celebrations.

Happy New Year!