Old January 1st 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
C C is offline

Default Still got Jubilee Line stopping at Charing + at Goodge St

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Tristán White wrote:

If you go down the steps at Goodge Street (after the lift), to the
area between the two Northern Line platforms, believe it or not, but
the metal sign still shows the Jubilee Line stopping at Charing +,
and no Jubilee connection at Waterloo.

Amazingly, considering this sign must be at least from 1999 - possibly
earlier, as I would have thought there would have been some kind of
indication that the Jubilee connection at Charing + was going to be
withdrawn for a while before it actually happened.

I don't think there was any such warning on line guides before it actually
happened.

My guess is that they simply haven't noticed, as there's always a
budget set aside for changes to signage and it wouldn't cost much to
do.

My guess is that LU management don't even remember that they have a
station at Goodge Street!

Any other examples of totally misleading signage out there?

This makes me think of the "Shepherd's Bush Green" signs at certain
Central Line stations... and the sign promising trains to Camberwell at, I
think, Kilburn Park, which sadly disappeared a small number of years ago.

And not
including signs that are there for historical reasons, such as Heath
Street in Hampstead.

I have to wonder what they were smoking when they decided to call this
station anything other than Hampstead.

Any still-in-use signs directing people to Aldwych or Ongar perhaps?
That would beat the 1999 sign by 5 years :-)

There might even be some Blake Hall signs around... but I think they have
all been covered up.

What a sign for Blake Hall for the four passengers that used it before it
closed