Old December 30th 06, 04:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Still got Jubilee Line stopping at Charing + at Goodge St

Tristán White wrote:

If you go down the steps at Goodge Street (after the lift), to the
area between the two Northern Line platforms, believe it or not, but
the metal sign still shows the Jubilee Line stopping at Charing +,
and no Jubilee connection at Waterloo.

Amazingly, considering this sign must be at least from 1999 - possibly
earlier, as I would have thought there would have been some kind of
indication that the Jubilee connection at Charing + was going to be
withdrawn for a while before it actually happened.

I don't think there was any such warning on line guides before it actually
happened.

My guess is that they simply haven't noticed, as there's always a
budget set aside for changes to signage and it wouldn't cost much to
do.

My guess is that LU management don't even remember that they have a station
at Goodge Street!

Any other examples of totally misleading signage out there?

This makes me think of the "Shepherd's Bush Green" signs at certain Central
Line stations... and the sign promising trains to Camberwell at, I think,
Kilburn Park, which sadly disappeared a small number of years ago.

And not
including signs that are there for historical reasons, such as Heath
Street in Hampstead.

I have to wonder what they were smoking when they decided to call this
station anything other than Hampstead.

Any still-in-use signs directing people to Aldwych or Ongar perhaps?
That would beat the 1999 sign by 5 years :-)

There might even be some Blake Hall signs around... but I think they have
all been covered up.

Old December 30th 06, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

And if you look on the District Line maps on the westbound at Mile End
station, you'll find some maps include the imaginary station of Putney
Green, supposedly between Parsons Green and Putney Bridge.

Al Holmes
Old December 31st 06, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

asdf wrote:
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:19:51 -0600, Tristán White wrote:

Any still-in-use signs directing people to Aldwych or Ongar perhaps? That
would beat the 1999 sign by 5 years :-)

There was a discussion here a few weeks ago about line diagrams that
still show Aldwych.

I think this one's at Southgate:
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=31574

And this bit of Heathrow confusion is, I think, at Arnos Grove:
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=31654

Metropolitan at Hammersmith:
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=31684

And no H&C at Euston Squa
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=32029

Acton Town shows a branch off the Piccadilly from Holborn (Kingsway)
leading to a roundel:
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=35355

Or if you prefer no cycling, rollerskating or skateboarding (at Wood Green):
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=31509

These maps at Euston have no Jubilee at Waterloo or London Bridge:
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=14811
http://greenberger.no-ip.com/gallery...2_itemId=14831

I'm sure there are many, many more.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA
Old December 31st 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Jack Taylor wrote:
Tristán White wrote:

But what amazes me is that it hasn't been changed. Have the staff, the
Manager of the Northern Line (and the Jubilee Line for that matter),
completely not realised that this is the case? Do they know but can't
be arsed (strange, as it's big enough and it's the first thing you
see when you go down the stairs). There's no evidence of a sticker
with the changes having been removed by someone.

LUL have never been on the ball with keeping their signage up to date. Look
how many signs there are that still give directions to "British Rail", ten
years after it disappeared. The same thing applied to all the announcements
about changing for "Network SouthEast", which disappeared on 1st April 1994,
two years before BR.

That is true. I notice the Jubilee Line trains still tell you to change at
Canning Town for "National Rail Services" (now ceased) and City Airport Bus
link when the DLR now goes direct from Canning Town to City Airport and would
probably be quicker than the bus (if the bus still runs). Also I notice the
route maps on the Jubilee Line trains don't say Zone 2 under the Zone 2 stations
on the northern part of the line. I'd have though this would have been spotted
before printing them on all the trains!

Jon.

Old January 1st 07, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
C C is offline

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Tristán White wrote:

[...]

What a sign for Blake Hall for the four passengers that used it before it
closed