Old January 4th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default Oystercard vending machines

Matthew wrote:

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Wow, perfect! Then they are doing just what hundreds of people have
tried to tell TfL to do. Wonderful to see that they are listening. I
also hope there will be some of them installed at some rail stations
outside Greater London, for example at the airports.

But I still find it strange, do you mean that it is not possible to buy
a card with PAYG value or a travelcard on it in one step? In that case
it means you have to pay the deposit even if you are about to load a
travelcard to it, in which case the deposit should not be needed...

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451