Old January 4th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oystercard vending machines

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Old January 4th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote:

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Wow, perfect! Then they are doing just what hundreds of people have
tried to tell TfL to do. Wonderful to see that they are listening. I
also hope there will be some of them installed at some rail stations
outside Greater London, for example at the airports.

But I still find it strange, do you mean that it is not possible to buy
a card with PAYG value or a travelcard on it in one step? In that case
it means you have to pay the deposit even if you are about to load a
travelcard to it, in which case the deposit should not be needed...

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old January 4th 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
Matthew writes
Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Now *that's* a good step! Perhaps I'm being fussy but it would have
been extra nice to sell them with a sum (eg GBP5 or GBP10) pre-loaded.
But if they're plentiful enough these machines will make my job a little
bit easier at least.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old January 5th 07, 01:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote:

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Superb, about time.

Do you know if you can also cash them in for a refund of the 3 quid? I
hope so. If so I don't think it would be unreasonable to do away with
paper singles and returns completely.

Neil

Old January 6th 07, 05:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4 Jan 2007 18:15:45 -0800, "Neil Williams" wrote:

Matthew wrote:

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Superb, about time.

Do you know if you can also cash them in for a refund of the 3 quid? I
hope so. If so I don't think it would be unreasonable to do away with
paper singles and returns completely.

Neil

There is also one at Victoria, just outside the gates to enter the
District/Circle Line platforms.
--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com
www.christianphansen.com or chrishansenhome.livejournal.co

Old January 6th 07, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

have
been extra nice to sell them with a sum (eg GBP5 or GBP10) pre-loaded.

I think that would make the machines more of a theft target.

Old January 7th 07, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote:

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.

Superb, about time.

Do you know if you can also cash them in for a refund of the 3 quid? I
hope so. If so I don't think it would be unreasonable to do away with
paper singles and returns completely.

Neil

There is also one at Victoria, just outside the gates to enter the
District/Circle Line platforms.

When did these appear? I was moaning about this only a couple of weeks
ago (although I'm sure my moan had absolutely nothing to do with it!). I
hope they install them at Heathrow - I passed through T123 last week but
didn't notice them there (I was tired so I might not have been
particularly observant!).

Dave

Old January 12th 07, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew wrote:

[...]

I think the one at Victoria appeared since Last September, and possibly as
late as December.